Please, be cautious following the instructions below!
Lesson 3: "Extracellular accumulations - 3h".
15.09 - Groups 418; 413, 415;
16.09. - Groups 411, 417, 412, 416, 422.
17.09. - Group 420, 421.
18.09 - Group 419
21.09 - Group 414
1. Workbook, part I, pp. 10-11.
1. Kumar, Vinay, Abul K. Abbas, and Jon C. Aster. Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease. Ninth edition. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier/Saunders, 2015. P.7-64
2. Kumar, Vinay, Abul K Abbas, Jon C Aster, and Stanley L. 1915-2003 Robbins. Robbins Basic Pathology. 10th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier/Saunders, 2018. P.1-33, 51
3. Klatt, Edward C. Robbins and Cotran Atlas of Pathology. Third edition. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Saunders, 2015.
4. Klatt, Edward C., and Vinay Kumar. Robbins and Cotran Review of Pathology. Fourth edition. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Saunders, 2015. P.3-17
5. Harsh Mohan. Essential Pathology for Dental Students.Fourth edition. Jaypee Brothers,Medical Publishers Pvt. Limited, 2011. P.1-77
4. Learning Videos on current topics:
More on Osmosis: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNI0qOojpkhsUtaQ4_2NUhQ.
1. Please, pass Initial MCQ Test.
2. On Workbook's page 10 carry out Microscopic Slide and Gross Specimen Descriptions:
"Hyalinosis of the spleen capsula ("Ice-shugar spleen")";
"Fatty infiltration of the heart".
Hyalinosis of the spleen capsule ("Ice-shugar spleen")
Fatty infiltration of the heart
3. On Workbook's page 11 in the "Individual Task " field, answer to the following Clinical Case:
A morbidly obese 51-year-old woman dies from complications of heart disease. At autopsy, her heart weighs 600 gm (normal up to 300 gm) with all the chambers enlarged. Microscopically, there is increased fibrous connective tissue seen in the interstitium between myocardial fibers. Beneath the epicardium can be seen adipocytes interdigitating with the myocardial fibers.
1. Which term best describes the presence of the adipocytes in her myocardium?
2. How is the described condition connected with a heart failure?
3. Presume another severe complication that might occur at this patient, if the described condition is continuously developing in ventricular wall?
4. Do you know the other pathological changes that could be founded in this case?
4. Sign your written work below "Tutor’s signature" box.
Please, take photos of your Workbook's cover page and the filled worksheets of Lesson (pages 10-11). with your Student Card attached in the corner (see example). Send us your completed work.
E-mail address for submission of completed works:
Please, sent photos of your written work no later than the next day after the specified date in the schedule.
Important! In the subject of the letter indicate your faculty, group number / dozen and topic number in the following format:
AAAA - Faculty (stom)
BBB.b - group number / dozen
SSSS - topic number
DDDD - Student's Surname and Name
E.g.: II_int_421.31_13_Shailendra Yadav Kumar
In order to advise the department, the student should send a letter indicating "ZAPYT"